Government House, 1765
pictures (two-dimensional representations)
St. Louis Mercantile Library
Shewey, Arista C. Shewey's Pictorial St. Louis: Past and Present. St. Louis: Arista C. Shewey, 1892.
Southeast corner Main and Walnut, was opened as a public house in 1806 by Maj. Wm. Christy, and was patronized by the best class of society. Size of the house 25 by 40 feet, containing four rooms.
placeTwainEconomic DevelopmentReligion and Culture1835--1910