Old Market House, 1812 (Stone)
pictures (two-dimensional representations)
St. Louis Mercantile Library
Shewey, Arista C. Shewey's Pictorial St. Louis: Past and Present. St. Louis: Arista C. Shewey, 1892.
Built on the Public Square (Block 7.) It was completed Sept. 1st, 1812. Sixty-four feet long by thirty feet wide, with 12 stalls, which rented from $10 to $30 per annum. Clerk of the market received $104 per year.
placeTwainEconomic DevelopmentSettlement and Immigration1835--1910