Ward. Safety in God. L. M.
Bost. Acad. Coll.
1. God is the refuge of his saints
When storms of sharp distress invade;
Ere we can offer our complaints,
Behold him present with his aid.
2. Let mountains from their seats be hurled
Down to the deep and buried there;
Convulsions shake the solid world;
Our faith shall never yield to fear.
3. There is a stream whose gentle flow
Supplies the city of our God;
Life, love, and joy still gliding through,
And watering our divine abode.
4. That sacred stream, thy holy word,
Our grief allays, our fear controls,
Sweet peace thy promises afford,
And give new strength to fainting souls
5. Zion enjoys her Monarch's love.
Secure against a threat'ning hour;
Nor can her firm foundations move,
Built on his truth and armed with power.