Love to Christ. C. M.
1. DO not I love thee, O my Lord?
Behold my heart, and see:
And turn each cursed idol out,
That dares to rival thee.
2. Do not I love thee from my soul?
Then let me nothing love:
Dead be my heart to every joy,
When Jesus cannot move.
3. Is not thy name melodious still
To mine attentive ear?
Doth not each pulse with pleasure bound
My Saviour's voice to hear?
4. Hast thou a lamb in all thy flock.
I would disdain to feed?
Hast thou a foe, before whose face
I fear thy cause to plead?
5. Thou know'st I love thee, dearest Lord,
But Oh, I long to soar
Far from the sphere of mortal joys,
And learn to love thee more.