Ritzman Photo Collection
Floyd R. Ritzman (1885-1975) was a teacher and administrator in the DeKalb public school system. His passion was photography, especially of trains. When the Ritzman family traveled, Floyd always carried a camera. According to his son, Allyn, he and his father would take drives with the intention of photographing area depots, trains, bridges and events.
Through the generosity of Allyn, his father’s collection of photographs was donated to the Joiner History Room in Sycamore. The collection contains pictures of many railway trains, including 400 pictures of the Chicago North Western Railway trains, and 135 pictures of the Chicago Great Western Railway trains.
The Ritzman Photo Collection was digitized in collaboration with the Joiner History Room. For more information, please see their webpage.
- Joiner History Room, Sycamore Public Library., DeKalb, DeKalb, Lincoln Highway (Main Street), Malone Brothers Store in Background, Coca-Cola Sign, Ice Cream-Lunch Restaurant, Sanitary Barber Shop, Many People in Street, DeKalb, Commercial/Business, People, Place, Lincoln Highway, Economic Development, Entertainment
- Joiner History Room, Sycamore Public Library., Sycamore, Now Blumen Gardens Located Here (2004), Edward Street Looking to the North, Between South Avenue and Park Avenue, Chicago and Northwestern Depot on DeKalb Avenue Barely Visible on Right, DeKalb, Commercial/Business, Industrial, Equipment, Place, Economic Development
- Joiner History Room, Sycamore Public Library., DeKalb, About 1899, on Tree (Left) Ruth Minnegan, on Tree (Right) Winne Glidden, On Lower Tree Branch Josie Glidden, Bottom Left Nansen Glidden, Middle Left Kathleen Munger, Far Right Ethel Taylor, Other Two Not Given, Children Playing in River Near Fallen Tree, Rural DeKalb, DeKalb, People, Place, Entertainment, Women and Gender
- Joiner History Room, Sycamore Public Library., DeKalb, First DeKalb Public Library on Second Floor, Fire Truck DeKalb Fire Department #1, Horse Drawn Trucks, Motorize Fire Engine, 1891 on Top of Building, DeKalb, Educational, Government, Equipment, People, Place, Economic Development, Law and Society
- Joiner History Room, Sycamore Public Library., DeKalb, DeKalb, Looking East from Third Street, Fourth Street Bank on Left, East Lincoln Highway, South Side Rear of Buildings, DeKalb, Financial, Industrial, Equipment, Place, Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, Fourth Street, Lincoln Highway, Third Street, Economic Development
- Joiner History Room, Sycamore Public Library., DeKalb, DeKalb, American Steel and First Lutheran Church in Background, Fourth Street and East Lincoln Highway, Locust Street, DeKalb, Commercial/Business, Industrial, Equipment, Place, Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, Fourth Street, Locust Street, Economic Development